Territory Sales Manager-£45k Basic+Car+£20k(uncapped)
Our Client is a truly global business and a recognised market leader in their market sectors. They have an unrivalled reputation for building lasting partnerships with clients through open transparent relationships based on trust and exceptional performance. The company deliver a range of online SaaS solutions to their clients who range from SME business through to FTSE 100 organisations. They have an enviable reputation as a leading supplier of Employee Benefits, Incentive/motivation, Rewards and Communication Services.
The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) will work within a defined territory in pursuit of both personal and Territory sales objectives. Working alongside a team of Territory Account Managers, the team will work collaboratively to ensure that the territory exceeds defined sales growth targets.
The role involves a personal and a team focus:
Personal Performance: To retain and develop a small portfolio of circa 30 - 50 existing clients within a defined geographical territory. These accounts will be larger in value with identified revenue growth potential and potentially, of a complex nature, requiring proactive account management support.
Team & Territory Performance: You will work alongside the TAMs managing a significant portfolio of existing clients, providing field-based sales support.
• Emphasis of the role is both retention of existing business and portfolio growth through the introduction of additional products / services to new channels and audiences within a client organisation and its divisions.
• Attend review meetings as required, introducing additional products and promoting services to drive take-up / engagement to drive volume and revenue growth
• The role involves selling all products and services to decision makers across all business disciplines (HR, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Service).
• The role will / may involve the management of TPI and/or Agency relationships, as necessary
• The role will be exclusively Private sector and will not include any Public Sector clients or organisations contracted under any framework agreements.
• Establish, maintain and execute comprehensive Territory Sales Development Plan, jointly, with the TAM’s and Sales Management team aligned to the overall sales plan / objectives.
• Maintain a robust sales pipeline, aligned to sales targets
• Develop collaborative working relationships and practices with Territory team and internal support teams (Ops, Finance etc.), engendering spirit of team work and shared ambition.
• Work with Bid & Tender team to complete responses, taking ownership of any territory client bid, with you being responsible for the final quality checks and approval.
• Work with the Contracts Manager to ensure the timely and accurate issuing of renewal and new contracts. You will assume commercial ownership to ensure all existing arrangements are managed in accordance with contract requirements
• Use client mapping of products and services, to identify sales opportunities and competitor targeting. Promote the use of all technologies, incl. but not limited to online ordering, portal, compliments select etc.
• Professional handover of accounts as required with documentation and stakeholder mapping
• Increase audience engagement / beneficiary take-up across all solutions through introduction of marketing / communication plans with clients.
• Maintain accurate business Volume and Revenue reporting, including business forecasting.
• Attend 6 - 8 sales meetings per week; 25% self-generated appointments, with 75% generated by TAMs.
• Achieve retention and reactivation targets as defined
• To know the budget holder, the supplier and contract review date for all products (as appropriate) for every client supported by the Territory Key
Skills & Capabilities
• Driven, results orientated, self-motivated and professional individual with extensive knowledge of products, services and processes.
• Emphasis on relationships, achieving customer satisfaction through by quality of service delivered.
• Ability to introduce business acumen, market awareness, creative thinking and problem solving skills to client interactions to help buyers define opportunities and tailor solutions based upon product set.
• Consultative and collaborative sales approach, both over the phone and in the field, with the ability to leverage email, social media, conference and video calls, webinars etc. to maximise their productivity and enhance the customer experience.
• Ability to leverage and capitalise on client relationships to deliver organic growth and territory performance coupled.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal functions in pursuit of exceptional client service experience
• Exceptional communication skills from presentation and proposal to tender.
• Use social media channels to promote and drive awareness / enquiries in accordance with the defined policy
• Strong team ethic, underpinned by an ability to guide and advise as necessary. Ability to work with and influence across business functions.
• Strong analytical skills
• At least 2 years’ experience of account management in a B2B environment
• A clear record of up-selling and cross-selling within accounts
• Demonstrable track record of achievement
• Experience of selling to the HR, Sales, Operations and/or Marketing functions
This is a regional role essentially covering the top of M25 downwards, east into Kent, then down into South West