Our client is based in the energy sector and they are looking for a junior credit controller to join their busy but friendly team in London. The candidate will be working in a team of 3 credit controllers managing a debtor’s ledger of up to £5 Million at peak times of trade. The candidate will eventually be responsible for their own portfolio of customers whose debt they will manage under the supervision of the senior credit controller.
The tasks that will be perform will include:
- Posting receipts into the company ledger system, identifying and allocating the receipts to the correct customer accounts
- Chasing payments vie email and telephone
- Responding to customer queries including investigating the causes and resolving them
- If relevant assisting with accounting related tasks as and when required.
Attributes/competencies we are looking for
- Some experience dealing directly with customers
- IT literate competent user of office and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Must be able to manage their time and work independently
The candidate will be working in a flat organisational structure where every individual will be required to manage their own time and task independently and will be required to take complete responsibility for achieving their tasks and goals.
The company will provide the required supervision and guidance for the candidate to develop and will support the candidate if they are looking to develop their skills further.
The company benefits include annual discretionary bonus, pension and quarterly team outings