Senior IT Development Manager MI
Job Title: Senior IT Development Manager (MI)
Work Location: Coventry, UK
Role Type: Permanent
Our client, UK’s leading financial institution are looking for a Senior IT Development Manager (MI) to lead the MI technology delivery team in providing high quality, cost efficient business intelligence, analytics and management information technology solutions to support the Societies operations, strategy and decision making. Provide leadership and guidance, and set the direction, for IT software development teams taking responsibility for the quality of the outputs of the teams. Ensure the agreed policies, processes and standards for the function are monitored and reports compliance with internal standards. Ensure out of hours support is provided as required so that systems meet the business requirements. Act as a key point of escalation for incidents and problem management.
Essential Skills and Experience:
A proven track record leading Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse technology teams with a solid understanding of the technologies, processes and architecture required for delivering high quality insight solutions to a fast moving financial services organization.
A deep understanding of the full software development lifecycle including both waterfall and agile delivery methodologies with the ability to mentor, motivate and shape high performing teams coupled with extensive experience in liaising with senior stakeholders and delivering successful change initiatives.
Extensive experience of various software delivery lifecycle methodologies (including Agile frameworks and process such as Kanban and Scrum)
Experience designing and delivering business intelligence solutions including data acquisition, processing, transformation and delivery
Experience leading multidiscipline technology teams
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the MI domain having followed development/architecture career path through to a senior management and leadership position including:
- Data modelling, including data normalization (third normal form) and structured denormalization (dimensional modelling – Kimball)
- Data processing, validation, enrichment, standardisation and transformation (ETL/ELT) concepts
- Data mining, discovery, reporting and visualisation tools and techniques
- Team leadership, mentoring, staff development and performance management
- Stakeholder engagement, management and liaison (including both business and project)
- Project planning execution and delivery
- Preferred Technology Platforms: ETL, Reporting/Analytics, Database
What we offer:
- Salary £51 220 - £76 830
- 25 days annual leave
- Annual Bonus