Lead Occupational Therapist
Lead Occupational Therapist
£38,000 - £40,000 p/a + Pension, PMI, Life Assurance, Child Care Vouchers and more
London - West
Mental Health Hospital
Overview - Lead Occupational Therapist - Mental Health Hospital
Compass Associates are proud to be working on behalf of Leading Mental Health provider to recruit a highly motivated and innovative Lead OT who would like to make a difference to the lives of our patients and enjoy the challenge of working with adults in an in-patient setting.
You will be part of an able and well-resourced MDT specialising in providing high quality assessments and treatment.
You will be part of an exciting and progressing service where you will have the opportunity to bring an occupational influence to PICU services.
The post holder will be responsible for providing professional leadership to occupational therapy staff while still undertaking some clinical responsibilities.
Responsibilities - Lead Occupational Therapist -Mental Health Hospital
- To work as lead of the Occupational Therapy Department, developing and providing an efficient and effective Occupational Therapy Service.
- You will be responsible for a clinical case load, assessing and treating patients.
- Liaise effectively with MDT colleagues.
- To keep up to date with new treatment methods and be actively involved in research projects relating to mental health. To attend MD meetings, reviews and case conferences as required.
- To evaluate treatment and keep accurate records maintaining high professional standards and complying with current legislation.
- To provide support and guidance for lower grades of staff and advice with complex cases where necessary assisting in the treatment of such cases.
- To assist in maintaining high professional standards in clinical and professional matters.
Criteria - Lead Occupational Therapist - Mental Health Hospital
BSc or recognised postgraduate diploma in Occupational Therapy.
Have advanced supervisory and appraisal skills and experience
Be able to work within a MDT.
Experience of working in an Inpatient Mental Health Hospital (as an Occupational Therapist)
Have a legal right to work in the UK
An enhanced DBS (England) Disclosure will be required for all successful applicants. Costs will be met by the Company.
Package - Lead Occupational Therapist - Mental Health Hospital
This is a full time position, working Monday - Friday paying between £36,000 - £40,000 p/a depending on experience.
You will also be entitled to company benefits, which include; Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Death in Service, Staff Discounts, access to MyFamilyCare services and more.
Annual leave is 30 days plus bank holidays.
Contact Details - Senior Occupational Therapist- Mental Health Hospital
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, then please contact Rachel Jones at Compass Associates directly.