Associate Director - Strategy - Asset Management
Excellent Associate Director opportunity with a leading Investment Manager join their group strategy team covering corporate strategy, product, client strategy amongst others. The individual will have exposure to the most senior stakeholders in the business as well as being part of a team that is an incubator to the rest of the business. It is a rare strategy opportunity on the buy-side.
The Senior Strategy Manager will be joining one of the largest and most reputable brands in the Investment Management sector who have substantial assets under management and a global presence.
The Strategy Team
The purpose of the Strategy team is to be the central guide for the business, developing an objective view of the company's position in relation to its markets, clients and competitors and 'shining a light' on the way forward. The team has an exceptionally high profile within the business, reporting to Group Chief Financial Officer and having regular interaction with the President, Financial Services, other members of Global Operating Committee and with the Board. Since inception, the Strategy Group has led the development of the business' 5-year strategy, managed the largest M&A process in our history and delivered numerous strategic projects across the business portfolio.
The Associate Director, Strategy/Senior Strategy Manager
- The Associate Director is a senior member of the Strategy team and will take the lead on shaping and delivering significant projects / strategic initiatives across the business portfolio
- The individual also will be responsible for defining and managing the process by which the business' 5-year strategic plan is periodically refreshed and updated. In line with business needs, the individual will also lead significant elements of M&A activity, from time to time
- You should expect to be involved in and/or leading multiple projects or workstreams simultaneously, working in a matrix team environment with both Strategy team members and with individuals from across the organisation and will be adept at balancing (sometimes conflicting) priorities. The individual should expect to participate in some of the most important and visible initiatives underway within the business
- This is a very high profile role and the individual should expect to have extensive interaction with the most senior leaders of the business, including members of the Global Operating Committee and President
Skills and Experience Required
- Significant experience of strategy consultancy at a senior level, gained with a top tier strategy or management consultancy, with time ideally spent 'in industry' in a similar role
- Significant experience in financial services sector, ideally asset management
- Demonstrable, refined core strategy consulting skills; strong project and programme management skills
- Proven ability to manage senior level stakeholders