ABOUT THE TEAM
The EMEA Research Team’s responsibility covers the EMEA region and is central to the company. They are responsible for delivery of our research and insight product within the agency, as well as incremental revenue through client-funded research projects.
The department adds strategic value and supports key disciplines (account management, strategy, creative & investment) with the provision of research advice, support and best practice to the Mediabrands EMEA Hub Team. The EMEA Hub Team is responsible for strategy, planning and investment across our portfolio of international clients, which include Johnson & Johnson, Coca-Cola, Zurich Insurance, Exxon Mobil, Fitbit, GoPro, TATA Consulting and Canada Goose. As well as working with the EMEA Hub Team, the research team is also responsible for market development, support and training across the EMEA region.
There is a team of seven research specialists in the EMEA Research Team, a Head of Mediabrands Marketing Sciences, two Research Directors, a Research Resources Manager, two Research Managers, and two Research Executives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting into one of the Research Directors, we are currently looking for a Research Manager EMEA to fill an important role within an expanding team.
The Research Manager’s main areas of responsibility will be:
- Supporting the Research Directors on day-to-day projects.
- Helping to build relationships with key clients.
- Playing a full part in the agencies’ new business efforts.
- Developing and delivering proprietary research projects, including writing questionnaires, liaising with fieldwork agencies, analysing data and presenting findings.
- Supporting the agency’s bespoke research, planning and buying tools, acting as an expert on the tools, able to provide training for planners and to answer their questions.
- Provision & analysis of industry data.
- Fielding research related questions/requests from planners/buyers and the Mediabrands network.
- Direct line management of either a Research Exec or Assistant.
- Supporting one of the Research Directors in the management of the global social media study Wave. Wave is the largest and longest-running social media study in the world and so requires a large time investment in project management and data analysis.
- Liaising with the EMEA markets and with other regions in the global network (Asia, Middle East, Latin and North America) in the course of multi-national research projects.
- We are ideally looking for someone who is educated to graduate level, has a maths-related or psychology-related qualification, with experience in analysing data and identifying the implications for communication.
- It is essential that the candidate is an experienced researcher, having had a proven track record of delivering successful research projects for clients. The candidate should have a solid understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research techniques, having worked in a media/ ad agency or advertiser for 3 or more years and should be fully conversant with the media planning and buying process and the role that research and analytics plays within it.
- They should be a good and confident communicator (with previous experience of presenting to clients).
- A knowledge and understanding of software such as SPSS, at least one of Nielsen Clear Decisions, Telmar or Choices 4, plus TGI and social tracking tools, are core skills for the role. Powerpoint and Excel to a high level are also required.
- The successful person will be a confident and proactive self-starter, be numerate, articulate, have good analytical ability, good interpersonal skills and be willing to work flexibly within a dynamic and creative environment. Knowledge of international languages would be advantageous but not essential.