Excellent opportunity for an exceptional Accounts Assistant or Senior Bookkeeper to join a progressive and expanding hospitality group in central Bristol which runs The Canteen, No.1 Harbourside and The Old Market Assembly.
You will need to have solid bookkeeping experience with a minimum of 2/3 years in a busy and demanding environment, be confident in handling sales ledger, purchase ledger, bank reconciliations, double-entry journals, VAT returns, and basic reconciliation work. Ideally you will have achieved AAT Level 3, or above.
We are a small and friendly team and can offer you the opportunity to learn, develop and progress your career within a supportive environment. We value our staff and provide a fun working environment, a multitude of staff perks and a variety of social events.
- Bookkeeping for the three main sites - The Canteen, No.1 Harbourside and The Old Market Assembly (primarily using Sage Line 50 and Excel);
- Updating the fixed asset register, maintenance of sales ledger, posting of prepayments and accruals, reconciling bank and cash accounts, maintenance of purchase ledger, chasing and checking invoices, generation of accurate creditor lists and calculation and submission of VAT returns.
- Monthly reconciliation of control accounts in the balance sheet, including but not restricted to, the bank and cash accounts, intercompany accounts, prepayments, accruals, VAT and directors loan accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Posting accurate month end journals, including stock and VAT journals.
- Checking accuracy of data on Sage at month end after following a set of month end tasks and checklists, ensuring minimal adjustments/corrections are required by a senior member of the finance team.
- Reporting any discrepancies/issues to the finance team.
- Processing Payroll using Sage Payroll including calculating gross wages from timesheets, processing monthly net wages lists for payments, posting payroll journals in Sage Line 50 and regular reconciliation of net wages and tax control accounts.
- Submitting PAYE reports to HMRC each month.
- Running the pension module in Sage payroll, including updating and submitting reports to the pension provider on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining the firm’s staffing database and to set up new staff members upon joining.
- Administration: to include handling incoming and outgoing mail, answering telephones, ordering stationery, filing, etc
- Company secretarial duties (annual returns, filing accounts, etc);
- Administrative support such as ordering stationery, incoming and outgoing post, etc.
- AAT qualified (minimum) or qualified by experience (at least 3 years relevant experience)
- Proficient in Sage accounting software and Sage payroll software
- Proficient in Excel
- Bright, capable individual with lots of initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work (be prepared to work on whatever needs doing)
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Personable nature and ability to communicate effectively (written and spoken)
- Willingness to travel within Bristol
The salary range for the role is £19,000 - £22,000, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Working hours are a standard day from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, with half an hour for lunch. The nature of the work also means that we have to fit in with the occasional demand at month end so there may be times when you are expected to work outside of these hours to get the job done on time and to standard
20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Ideally July 2017