Senior Event Manager - International Conferences (Travel)
Senior Event Manager - International Conferences
Up to £33,000+ Bonus (4k) & Benefits
Is an award-winning business intelligence company providing intelligence, professional development and peer to peer networking via award winning online information resource, events and training solutions for the world’s top executives and their organisations, due to increasing success a new role has arisen for an experienced Event Manager to work on international events that take place inUS, Europe, Australia and South East Asia and the portfolio is expanding.
Full responsibility and project management of a number of international conferences in London, Miami, Boston, Zurich and Singapore and possibly more. End to end planning and execution.
- Budget management - recording all spend on the event from AV and venue to staff expenses and travel costs. Managing fixed and variable spends against target and to achieve approved profit margin.
- Audio visual - concepts, stage and set design, room dressing, lighting and sound. Negotiating with suppliers and agreeing contracts, sourcing materials and working with speakers and hosts on presentations.
- Print and design - manage all programmes for each event, design, layout, copy and print. Display banners, large format printing.
- Logistics - couriers, travel planning, accommodation, hotel negotiations
- Sponsor fulfilment - exhibition planning, sponsor liaison, meeting sponsor contract expectations
- Venues - finding, contract negotiations
- On site - manage all staff, suppliers and delegates on site, responsible for the customer experience and health & safety.
- Delegates - communications schedule, data management, attendance, sessions and breakouts, badges and registration, accommodation, badge supplies.
- Internal stakeholders - working with the Conference Producer, Sales Teams and Content Teams to maximise the customer experience, meet speaker and sponsor expectations and produce high quality events.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 4 years’ experience managing conferences or other B2B events
- Highly organised and able to deal with multiple tasks across multiple projects simultaneously. Great time management is essential.
- Experience working in a high energy office environment, managing workload in the busiest periods against stress levels and prioritising tasks effectively to meet expectations