Systems Bid Engineer
Position: Systems Bid Engineer
Location: Lewes, East Sussex
Salary: Up to £35,000 (Dependent on Experience)
The Systems Bid Engineer Role:
The main purpose of this Systems Bid Engineer role is to support growth of the business, by providing support to customers in the design of products and solutions, and providing the delivery of accurate and timely quotations and bids.
Key Responsibilities of the Systems Bid Engineer:
- Produce accurate and detailed quotations and systems proposals
- Liaise with strategic end-users such as Network Rail, LUL, BAA to influence requirements and drive supplier preference
- Evaluate and clearly understand the details and requirements for each tender
- Be up to date with latest estimator techniques and procedures
- Be responsible for Company quote calculator ensuring it is up to date and error free
- Be up to date with all internal and competitor product range
- Contribute to Product Management to ensure unique selling point of products is up to date and communicated to Sales Team
- Seek out and understand technical clarifications
- Be involved with tender/proposal presentations
- Participate in the improvement of products and processes by communication ideas & suggestions, as well as resolving problems you encounter
- Maintain proper filing of documentation in both hard and soft copy as per company QA procedures
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills: use of MS office eg advanced Excel, Word, CRM software
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to multi task
- Good organisational skills, able to manage own workload with minimal supervision
- Customer focused
- Analytical approach to solving problems
Skills & Experience Required:
- Knowledge of Telecom System interfacing eg public address, telephones, help points, passenger information displays, CCTV
- Experience in Communication or System projects
- Experience in proposing Complex Software Products
- Experience in the design, estimating and bid management in projects to include transport hubs, stadia, energy and defence sectors
- Experience of working in a Sales environment is desirable
- Engineering degree or other related disciplines
- Diploma in Acoustics advantageous
- CISCO or other IP networking qualification would be desirable
Our client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Public Address, Voice Alarm, and 3D Control Systems. They have extensive experience in delivering equipment, fully built and tested systems, and support and services to major projects spanning all five continents.
Their Headquarters and factory is located in the south of the UK, with international offices located in the Middle East and Asia.
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in this Systems Bid Engineer position, simply apply by submitting your CV via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
Keywords: Systems, Bid, Sales, Design, Quotation, Engineer, Telecom, Proposal, Business Development, Technical, Software, CISCO, Lewes, East Sussex