Senior AV Technician / Audio Visual Supervisor
SENIOR AV TECHNICIAN / ON-SITE AV SUPERVISOR
Location: Central London
An international audio visual solutions company based in the UK, are recruiting for an experienced on-site audio visual supervisor to join the team. Our client covers corporate, unified communications, executive briefing centres, digital signage and entertainment. They provide innovative and expertly designed audio-visual solutions to enhance collaboration across customer businesses and ensure that they receive a first class customer experience from beginning to end.
Purpose of the role
Your prime function is to ensure the team provide the highest quality of technical support to all clients, your role will be to facilitate correct preparation, implementation and operation of all aspects of all audio visual, video conference, audio conference, display and presentation technologies, you will be expected to support the operation with clear and precise documentation and have the ability to train others in the correct operation of systems. Proactively leading from the front to ensure the service operates within agreed SLAs. To manage the delivery of all VC / AV business as usual services, including service desk, project management and technical support
Reporting to the Onsite Delivery Manager, responsibilities include -
- Leading the teams in the day-to-day AV support across the site.
- Supporting the wider team through ongoing training and coaching
- Provide AV Support between the hours of 7AM-10PM (Mon-Fri) based on a 40 hour working week.
- Manage the AV mailbox.
- Liaise with external clients and the AV Department to ensure first-class AV Meeting delivery.
- Liaise with internal clients to consolidate their meeting requirements and complete Job Allocation Sheets accordingly.
- Report all service shortcomings affecting the AV Team to the On-site Operations Manager.
- Maintain personal awareness of procedures relevant to the AV Team, ensuring that changes are bought to the attention of the process owner.
- Deliver a high standard of service in accordance with SLAs for the AV Team
- Deal with day to day administrative duties and any ad hoc duties assigned by the On-site Operations Manager.
- Continuously review the AV Team procedures for improvements/modifications.
- Be fully conversant with H&S and First Aid procedures on-site.
- Support the On-site Operations Manager in the rota management of the team ensuring that the service is efficiently covered at all times.
- Have an overview of all AV meetings on-site, ensuring a consistent standard is maintained and that all processes are routinely followed.
- Support AV Event Technicians during key calendar events: Interim Results, AGMs, Press Conferences and Quarterly Broadcasts
- Support and train others within the company to ensure procedural knowledge is passed to all members of your team
- Tracking of on site portable equipment and fault management/resolution
- Monitoring of BAU consumable stock
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly vendor reports as set out by the On-site Operations Manager
- At a formal level the job holder will be charged with a number of Customer Service/relationship objectives as part of their annual appraisal and development plan.
- At an informal level the individual will be encouraged to actively participate all areas of AV team.
- Create and maintain all departmental documentation.
- Ensure accurate client billing through applying correct charging procedures and ensuring reports are correctly completed.
- Preparing, distributing and presenting management information regarding performance against contract
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following demonstrable skills:
- Infocomm CTS is desirable
- Checkable AV operational experience
- Supervisory experience
- Able to direct, lead, motivate and develop team members
- Excellent telephone techniques and manner
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to provide working standards to the highest specification within a Corporate site.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new software and systems
- Good level of experience in Microsoft packages
- Three years experience in a corporate audio-visual environment
What's on Offer
Basic salary of between £30 - £33K per annum (negotiable for the right person)
Mobile Phone & Laptop
20 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank hols, with 5 days available to purchase throughout the year
Company Pension scheme
You will be joining a company providing cutting-edge audio visual solutions for major brands in many international territories. Our client has a customer-centric ethos and an open, engaging and questioning culture. You will find a company of creative, technical and very smart people who are passionate about what they do and developing others.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com