Personal Injury Team Leader
In-House Personal Injury Claims Manager
North East. London
Circa £35k - £40k
My client based in East London are Injury Claims Specialists and they are looking for a Personal Injury Claims Manager to head up a team of 10 Case Handlers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, manage, motivate and develop a team of 10 personal injury claims handlers.
- Challenge current work procedures and recommend cost effective process improvements or developments that improve productivity, customer service or staff satisfaction.
- Ensure excellent customer service is delivered to and on behalf of our Clients.
- Monitor communication with customers and service providers ensuring that all established standards are met or exceeded.
- Act as a contact point for clients on a day to day basis.
- Ensure a team achieves an average elapsed time for open claims of at least their target level.
- Ensure complaints are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure telephone call backs are dealt with on due date.
- Support the team to accomplish their tasks and priorities.
- React quickly to ever changing demands posed by incoming workload.
- Assisting with credit hire claims and general queries.
- Lead by example in identifying and achieving continual quality, business and performance improvement opportunities.
- Develop team members to their full potential and organise their training needs.
- Run 1-2-1's, team meetings and monthly performance reviews.
- Carry out 2 quality audits a week on each handler.
- Proactively identify and address poor performance issues, advising on scope for improvement, enforcing effective discipline and ensuring a clear development plan exists for all employees within the team.
- Manage absence e.g. return to work interviews, holiday allocation.
- Continually improve employee satisfaction.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record of managing a personal injury team essential.
- Proven track record of managing resources to optimise the balance between service delivery and operational efficiency.
- Strong Insurance / PI / Motor claims knowledge and understanding of Regulatory Compliance.
- Evidence of coaching and developing people.
- The ability to manage processes and procedures.
- A forward thinking leader that sets a positive example.
- Ability to utilise IT for maximum advantage.
- Problem solving ability.
Please contact Josh Minzie, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our websitewww.douglas-scott.co.uk for more legal positions.