Deputy Manager - Registered General Nurse
As the Acting Deputy Home Manager, you have responsibility for assisting in the management of Pentlow Nursing Home and our team. As part of the management team you will have responsibility for ensuring that the home operates successfully ensuring the best possible care is provided.
As a working Deputy, you should adopt a "hands on approach", working with the Nursing & Care Assistant teams to apply the highest standards of modern and professional practice, to ensure that all the needs of the Residents are individually catered for, with particular emphasis for emotional, spiritual, nursing and physical requirements.
The role will entail working some weekends and adapting your rota to suit the needs of the business to support staff within the home.
You will have full responsibility for the staffing of the units, to ensure that all aspects of care are met to the high standards required by the Company. You will also ensure that the Homes Policies and Procedures are carried out and that instructions are implemented, complying always as a minimum with NMC legislation, and the Care Standards Act 2000 and CQC regulations. As part of your role, you will be active in inducting new staff.
In order to be successful in your application you must have previous experience as a Deputy or Home Manager; applicants without this experience will not be considered.
Requirements for Role:
- Clinically qualified RGN/RMN with a valid NMC PIN number
- Management experience in the industry
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Both strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving approach to enable issues to be resolved efficiently
In return, we will offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Payment of your NMC fees
- Support for Long Term Sick
- Discounts at Major High Street Retailers
- Industry recognised training, including ongoing professional development
- Progression Opportunities
- Food available, including Hot Meals, Fruit and filtered water