Legal Assistant (Residential Conveyancing)
Cathedral Appointments are currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant to join the Residential Conveyancing department of a well-established, progressive firm based in Plymouth. This role will incorporate a mixture of secretarial, PA and Paralegal duties and would be an excellent position to really kick-start a career within law.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the fee earners throughout the conveyancing process including undertaking land registry searches and preparing contracts
- Audio typing and the production of accurate, timely and professionally presented documentation
- Communicating with clients on a daily basis, both over the telephone and face to face
- Effective diary management, including arranging meetings and making appointments for fee earners
- The efficient upkeep of all databases, records, filing systems, along with the opening and closing of files
- A minimum of 6 month’s experience working within Residential Conveyancing
- Detailed knowledge of the conveyancing process
- Audio/Copy typing experience, ideally with speeds of 60wpm plus
- You will be highly organised, with exceptional communication skills, a keen eye for detail and a professional, confident manner
- You will have excellent IT skills; including the use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- You will be able to work effectively as part of a team as well as working on your own initiative
- A high degree of diplomacy and confidentiality in respect of clients and client’s matters
- Digital dictation and case management experience essential
Our client requires someone who has some previous experience of working within a Residential Conveyancing department. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge and to really kick start their career, as future progression is available. If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, please get in touch with Sophia Damshenas at Cathedral Appointments today.
Please note, Cathedral Appointments are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to the above role.
Key Words: Legal Assistant, Legal Secretary, Legal, Secretary, Conveyancing, Residential Conveyancing, Commercial Property, LLB, Law Degree, Law Firm, Audio Typing, Typing, Typist, Law, Jobs in Plymouth, Devon Jobs