Web Designer / UX Designer
Web Designer / UX Designer / UI Designer - Performing Arts
A Web Designer / UX Designer / UI Designer is needed to join a leading player within the Performing Arts / Casting software industry. Based in the heart of the West End, expect to take the lead on digital design championing user experience.
With software used to cast Star Wars, James Bond, Homeland, Game of Thrones (and many more), this world leader was founded in 1927 and has a database of over 60,000 performers. Since their first website launched in 1997, they have continually delivered innovative applications that have revolutionised the casting industry. Due to exciting growth (new product launches, overseas offices, website re-design) they are now seeking a Web Designer / Digital Designer to join their talented team.
Working closely with marketing, product and development teams the Web Designer / UX Designer / UI Designer will take responsibility for designing simple, intuitive and engaging interfaces that will delight the end user. Working in an Agile environment, you will identify usability improvements, produce UX designs (wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes), identify user goals, create user interfaces, stay up-to-date with latest web design trends and much more.
To qualify. You should be a Web Designer / UI Designer / UX Designer / Digital Designer / Digital Web Designer / Digital Creative / User Experience Designer / User Interface Designer / Front End Web Designer or similar with a CV and portfolio that demonstrates:
- Experience in a similar Web Design role with strong experience with UI / UX;
- Experience of leading the visual design and front end implementation of a web based product;
- A good understanding of best practices in usability, accessibility and web standards;
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure etc;
- An eye for creating simple and stunning user experiences;
- Experience with responsive web design, template development and content management systems;
- The ability to translate complex design requirements into clear, customer-friendly online experiences across devices;
- Experience of prototyping and user testing;
- Experience of creating style guides & code libraries;
- Experience of working within an Agile development environment;
- Knowledge of front end development (HTML/CSS);
- The ability to work well under pressure, adhere to tight deadlines and work well within a team;
- A passion for the latest web technologies.
Please send your CV, portfolio and a cover letter, telling us, in a few hundred words, who you are, what you've been working on recently, and why you're the right person for this job.
This is a perfect opportunity for a Web Designer / Digital Designer looking to join an environment where they are not just another cog in the machine and can input ideas into projects and the future of the business. Get in touch.
IMPORTANT: You will only be considered for this vacancy if you complete the short application form on the Guru Careers website...