- Full Time
Salary: £25,234 - £27,523 per annum
Hours of Work: 48 hours per week (will include Saturday's and some evenings)
Fareham College are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed Chef Manager for its award winning AA Highly Commended restaurant. The Chef Manager will be responsible for managing Avenue's 141's commercial kitchen, lounge and functions as well as providing an inspiring environment for students to flourish. The Chef Manager will work closely alongside the Restaurant Manager.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated as well as being a positive thinker with a 'can-do' attitude. You will have the drive to develop the commercial side of the business with a strong commitment to student success.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Responsibility for the management and day-to-day organisation and operations of all Avenue 141 businesses to ensure an effective, efficient and safe student learning and working environment.
- Taking full responsibility for groups of Hospitality and Catering students by instructing and assessing, as identified in schemes of work and lesson plans.
- Providing effective advice and support to students during their programmes of study.
- Undertaking student assessments and marking the necessary supporting documentation in support of the assessments for students (e.g. VRQ and NVQ Assessments) .
- Working alongside Restaurant Manager to ensure pro-active marketing of all Avenue 141 businesses and supporting the Programme Manager with the business plan.
- Assisting with the departments Health and Safety requirements, which might include undertaking or supporting of applicable systems. (e.g. PAT, Risk Assessments, maintaining Risk Assessment Logs or up-dating COSHH forms).
The successful applicant will require recent industry experience as well as an understanding of the different teaching methods and strategies to support effective student learning.
30 Days Annual Leave (exclusive of Bank Holidays), Local Government Pension scheme, Free on-site gym, Staff lounge, Staff development opportunities, Staff recognition scheme, Employee Recommendation Incentive and access to many more benefits.
About the College
Fareham College is the pre-eminent provider of technical and professional training in south east Hampshire. We provide a wide range of post-16 technical and professional courses A £29m redevelopment of the College campuses at Bishopsfield Road and CEMAST provides students, staff and the local communities with state-of-the-art learning facilities and exceptional resources.
Fareham is a market town of over 100,000 people and lies between the cities of Southampton and Portsmouth. Its history is directly linked to the maritime activities of both port cities with many of its population having links with maritime industries. Flanked by the South Downs and the New Forest the area benefits from some of the most stunning countryside in the south of England
If you would like to apply, please follow jobboard instructions, we shall then contact you via email with our application link.
Successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check.