Energy Modelling Analyst
6 days left
- Full Time
Aurora Energy Research provides data and analysis on UK, European, and global energy markets. Our core belief is that rigorous modelling, rooted in robust theory and supported by detailed data, yields powerful insight over the medium- to long-run. Unquestionably independent, our analysis is designed to inform our clients’ critical decisions.
Aurora was founded in 2013 by five University of Oxford Professors, who have decades of experience at the highest levels of academia and energy policy. It is now a thriving, rapidly-growing company of 40 staff based in Oxford. Demand for our services is immense, in the UK and abroad, and we expect to grow to over 100 staff in the next few years, having opened our first European office in Berlin in late 2015. Our clients include many of Europe’s major energy market participants.
Based in Oxford, you will contribute to our energy modelling efforts by developing analytical and computational tools, analysing data, formulating recommendations on future trends, enhancing our modelling methodology, and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. The position has a focus on modelling energy commodities (notably gas and/or electricity) markets, and suits a recent university graduate.
· Excellent degree in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other quantitative field from a top university
· Top notch analytical ability, demonstrated, for example, through academic performance
· Ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
· Knowledge of one programming/computing language, e.g. Matlab, R, Java, Python, etc.
· Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
· Master’s degree or PhD
· Technical excellence
· Knowledge of and interest in energy markets, and a belief that well-designed models significantly improve decision making
· Knowledge of statistical techniques and skill with statistical software
· Knowledge of an algebraic modelling language, such as GAMS (preferred) or AMPL
· Advanced knowledge of Excel including VBA
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, highly intellectually stimulating and supportive environment. They will enjoy autonomy and the opportunity to substantially influence a major energy modelling project, and to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience applying academic insights to practical challenges.
The successful candidates would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received.
Salary will be competitive. The closing date for this role is Monday 23rd January 2017. Applicants should send their CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your earliest possible start date.
Apply for Energy Modelling Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly