Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineer – Innovia Security
Location: England (Wigton)
Salary - Competitive
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support the successful development of Innovia Security’s Wigton plant; the QA Engineer is responsible for ensuring the highest quality product is delivered to the customer through deep and thorough data input and analysis of all factors that impact product quality.
The role will suit a dynamic candidate who has a strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collating plant-based production and quality QE data for analytical use
- Conducting plant and process based customer complaint and TRACIT investigations and recommend corrective actions through the use of the A3 process
- Collating data related to job specific quality issues feeding into the job review process
Implement corrective actions arising from customer complaint, TRACIT and job review processes
- Maintaining, updating and providing training to operations staff in the application of the Catalogue of Defects
- Supporting Hold Batch status Reviews
- Supporting the preparation of customer samples and associated data packs
- Supporting the Quality Assurance Manager / Lab Staff in achieving customer sign offs and Job sign offs when required
- Monitoring plant and process level compliance of production and quality systems to controlled parameters
- Implementing product sampling plans and production control plans at the plant and process level
- Implementing and maintaining calibration programs for key process and quality controls for distribution across plants to ensure standardisation
- Conducting timely and effective Specifications reviews and provide updates to the SPC template for use by the QA lab
- Conducting robust Quality Briefings, providing coaching support to the QA lab, QC inspectors and Operations teams along with the development of linked AQL standards
- Supporting all plant based Job Planning and Lessons Learned activities
Your skills and experience will include:
- Direct experience working in manufacturing environment - essential
- Experienced working in quality management or related area - essential
- Experienced working with a gravure print process – essential
- Experienced working in a laboratory – essential
- Visual inspection training
The successful candidate for this role, will work collaboratively with key stakeholders and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will be a team player, objective / results driven, with a dynamic and proactive approach.
Applicants should apply by submitting a covering letter and CV to email@example.com Closing date: 21 January 2017.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to participate in a Personnel Security Clearance process to obtain clearance to the intermediate level. If the successful candidate is located outside of the UK, then any offer will be subject to obtaining a current work visa or permit.