Marketing and PR Trustee vacancy
New Marketing and PR Trustee vacancy at Age UK Horsham District!
Age UK Horsham District (AUKHD) is a dynamic, independent organisation working under the networked partnership of Age UK. It is a vibrant and successful voluntary sector charity whose aim is to promote the health, well-being and independence of older people who live in the Horsham District. The charity supports practical support and crucial companionship to over 7,000 older people every year via a range of services, many of which are free, by working closely with local media, authorities and via national campaigns.
AUKHD has a 3 year strategic plan and seeks an experienced marketing professional to join its Trustee Board to help increase the charity’s impact and raise its profile. As a charity it envisions to be locally known for
- Being the First Port of Call for older people
- Delivering a range of person centred solutions
- Tackling loneliness
The new trustee with marketing and promotional experience will help teams deliver that vision and challenge some of the assumptions around what the charity does. This is an opportunity for someone to join a dynamic charity to develop and deliver a strategy that makes a tangible difference locally.
A candidate pack is available with more details on the vacancy, please request for it from Reach Volunteering
Required essential and desirable skills are below:
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Marketing and Public relations (essential)
- Experience in leadership and strategic capacity (essential)
- Employ strategic use of social media tools, mechanisms and channels to support the charity’s services and activities (essential)
- Actively participate as a key member of the Fundraising and Publicity Sub- Committee of the Board (desirable)
- Experience of working within the charity, voluntary and public sector (desirable)
This is a voluntary position, wherein reasonable expenses will be reimbursed as per company policy. There are six Board meetings a year which are currently held during the day, plus an annual planning and development day and sub-committee meetings.
Reach Volunteering is representing Age UK Horsham District regarding this vacancy recruitment, therefore please send both you CV and cover letter directly to Reach by applying directly to this advert.