Self Employed Stock Collector - Manchester / Leigh area
Location - Manchester/ Leigh area
Contract - Permanent
Hours - 3 days per week
Salary - £96 per day
Working for Age UK can unlock many benefits and perks, such as:-
25 days holiday + Bank Holiday allowance + pension scheme + 100s of shopping discounts + life assurance + many more!!
We are currently recruiting for Self Employed Stock Collector to generate and collect a minimum of donated stock bags per week and to deliver to the designated delivery point in each shop as directed by the Stock Collector Team Leader.
To systematically distribute a minimum amount of collection envelopes per day and systematically collect a minimum amount of bags per day.
To feedback to the Team Leader the daily achievements at the end of the working day.
- To collect full bags, donations and empty bags generated from postings
- To post out a set number bags per week to achieve the required number of returned bags
- To deliver to shops between 14.40pm and 17.00pm unless advised otherwise
- To deliver every donor a thank you card
- Implement the highest standards of customer care and service
- Must have own vehicle and driving licence
- Responsibility of care and maintenance of vehicle in accordance with Age UK procedures
- To complete all required paperwork and forward to the Team Leader within agreed timescalesTo attend meetings and training courses as required by the Team Leader
- Previous experience of communicating with a wide range people and customer base.
Skills & Knowledge
- Full drivers licence and ability to map read
- Good administrative and organisational skills with the ability to keep basic records and organise work in a busy environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a wide range of people
- The ability to recognise stock potential from geographical areas in order to generate income
- The ability to work as part of an effective team
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety & Fire regulations. Ability to identify potential risks
Flexible approach to work required. Occasional requirement to work outside of normal area or work additional days to cover holiday/sickness.
To comply with UK legislation we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Is this the job for you? We know that men, of all backgrounds, and men and women from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce, and we want to change this! So we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from these groups.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.