A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Regulatory Accountant based in Birmingham.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Regulatory Accountant will report to Head of Bank of England Reporting and is responsible for the Bank of England reporting, as well as certain PRA (Prudential Regulation Authority) regulatory reporting obligations.
The Regulatory Accountant is accountable for assisting in the production of all Bank of England statistical reporting for the firm; assisting with the assessment of specific reporting requirements as defined by the Bank of England or PRA. They will build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders in Risk, the Business, and IT and other areas of Finance; support the Head of Bank of England reporting in the in-depth analytical review performed to ensure any material movements are explained and queried with the relevant business areas resolved; work closely with an India based team to ensure the integrity of data on the returns.
The Regulatory Accountant is also responsible for understanding and contributing to system changes and other transformation projects (like Ring fencing, FTP General Ledger, RRS [Regulatory Reporting system], Big data, Saracen 18) and their impact on the existing Bank of England reporting processes; managing the transition to regular line finance reporting for all significant changes to Bank of England reporting requirements; providing advice and guidance to the business, finance, and other areas of the firm as necessary on the impact of new regulatory reporting requirements.
The Regulatory Accountant will play a key role in preparation of certain regulatory returns submitted to the PRA.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Qualified accountant with solid financial reporting experience in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Strong experience of staff management and dealing with senior finance management.
- Experience of having worked in a number of other bank finance roles preferable.
- Strong banking and markets experience.
- The jobholder must have a comprehensive understanding of the accounting for the full range of banking and treasury products.
- The jobholder should have a comprehensive understanding of the Bank of England reporting requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of the banks numerous IT sub systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work under pressure, ensuring that all areas within their team report to tight deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter
Closing dates for applications 8th March 2019