Manager, Wholesale Impairment
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Manager, Wholesale Impairment based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
IFRS 9 Financial Instruments is the most significant risk and accounting change since the initial adoption of IFRS, and one of the most significant changes in credit risk measurement since Basel II.
The Manager, Wholesale Impairment will report to the Global IFRS 9 Senior Manager and assist in providing oversight to support the aggregation, review and deep dive analysis of IFRS9 Impairment risk numbers. The Manager, Wholesale Impairment will have hand-on involvement in performing Review and Challenge activities for key regions in a timely manner, including: Expected Credit Loss (ECL) analysis, assessing modelling and non-modelling drivers of results, Review CRR (Credit risk rating) concentration and LGD (Loss given default) / PD (Probability of default) / EAD (Exposure at default) Analysis.
The Manager, Wholesale Impairment is also responsible for identifying themes across the entire Wholesale Risk Portfolio; providing commentary for ECL results and assisting in making strategic suggestions; simulations of scenarios; timely preparation of necessary decks to present at senior meetings; ensure compliance to Group policies and governance and controls framework and build and manage relationships across a range of seniorities.
The Manager, Wholesale Impairment will play a key role in ensuring smooth running of a new Operating Model and Governance process introduced for IFRS 9; working with Group Risk Analytics teams to understand credit risk methodology's relating to IFRS 9 and coordinating activities with Stress Testing, Sovereign Risk & Forward Economic Guidance Teams
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Strong IFRS 9 subject-matter, business knowledge and technology sense
- Solid communication skills with stakeholder at all levels
- SAS programming experience
- Understanding of accounting and/or credit risk concepts
- Experience of financial or risk reporting processes
- Be able to articulate complex information in clear and structured way to suit audience
- Experience in managing teams and stakeholders across the regions
- Ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities
- Well organized, logical thinker, problem solver
Closing dates for applications 6th March 2019