Data Science Senior Analyst
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Data Science Senior Analyst based in Edinburgh.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Data Science Senior Analyst is responsible for developing data analytics and predictive models to support the Regulatory Compliance function in the management and monitoring of product, sale, post-sale risks across firm’s business lines and sites. This role plays a significant part in delivering the product risk management agenda through data management and statistical analysis, establishing clear and robust conduct governance and oversight. The Data Science Senior Analyst will report to the Head of Product Analytics, Regulatory Compliance Analytics.
Key accountabilities of the Data Science Senior Analyst include Supporting the definition and build out of the product, sale, post-sale analytics framework. Examples include product mis-selling, sales suitability analytics, product design analytics to apply to Retail, Commercial Banking and Private Banking product portfolios; Extracting and analysing data through core systems utilising SQL, SAS software (or other data management tools), design analytics supporting data consolidation; Providing assurance, through quality analysis, that staff performance is being achieved using well-intended means to deliver good customer outcomes; Identifying and understanding the root cause of complaints, poor staff behaviour and other conduct issues; Developing predictive models and data analytics insights using machine learning techniques; Ensuring the provision and adoption, of high quality insight and recommendations to further enhance the customer experience and the management of conduct; Defining compliance metrics and design / deploy Tableau visualisation dashboards to provide insight into mis-selling, sales suitability and product design risks; Executing the assigned projects/ analysis as per the agreed timelines and with accuracy and quality; Completing analysis as required and document results and formally present findings to management; Adherence with all the applicable compliance policies (Data security policy, operational risk, Functional manual, Group Compliance Manual, Audit recommendations, Internal Control requirements, relevant regulatory guidelines etc.) and the bank’s business standards as applicable.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Graduate / Post Graduate degree in any quantitative discipline
- Substantial experience in relevant Analytics field. Knowledge and understanding of conduct risk preferred.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques, machine learning and working experience in SQL, Matlab, Python is a must
- Experience and Exposure to visualization technologies, namely Tableau, is advantageous.
- Project based business knowledge. Ability to diagnose issues and resolve simple to moderately complex issues.
- Good analytical thought process and aptitude for problem solving.
- Should be adept in using MS Office with exceptional MS Excel Skills, knowledge of VBA is preferable.
Closing dates for applications 5th March 2019