Risk Manager, Corporate Credit Risk
6 days left
- Full Time
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Risk Manager, Corporate Credit Risk based in London but will cover all UK.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Risk Manager, Corporate Credit Risk will be required to work closely with managers across the Group from within CMB (Commercial Banking) Large Corporates. They will exercise a Personal Approval authority, as well as having a Recommendation role for transactions for approval / concurrence by Senior Risk Managers and Senior Executives. They will evaluate, recommend and approve transactions and annual reviews within personal approval authority. Moreover, they will ensure prudent and well-structured proposals for CMB Large Corporates and minimise credit losses as well as guidance will be provided to support the business and ensure an efficient credit process.
The Risk Manager, Corporate Credit Risk will assist with the assessment on a continuous basis the credit quality of the allocated portfolio with a particular view to ensure the appropriateness of CRRs and approved limits, and whether emerging signs of concern warrant a customer being placed on the Watch, Worry, Monitor list. They will be a source of expertise, to the business and regional credit managers, covering the allocated industry sectors or loan product area in the case of specialized lending; be a strategic partner, support sound opportunities for growth, encourage a mindset of connectivity and create a superior customer service. They will assist with the management and improvement of the risk profile within CMB Large Corporates by recommending and implementing lending and credit guidelines and ensuring credit standards are consistent with Group policy objectives. Furthermore, they will help ensure that credit risk policies related to risk are communicated to the appropriate stakeholders at Regional/local level, continually consider the ‘Treating customers fairly’ principles of the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority as well as Contribute to wider team engagement by regular positive interaction with the wider Wholesale Credit & Market Risk team in UK.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Experience in general and wholesale banking, including some/all of Commercial Banking/Global Banking & Markets/Treasury/Credit.
- Good understanding of other areas of risk, e.g. market, operational, legal, reputational.
- High level of professional competence which helps to determine solutions around appropriate risk measures, risk processes, risk monitoring and management.
- High standards of credit knowledge and judgmental lending skills drawn from corporate / commercial / credit experience.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Strong analytical and focused decision making, including the ability to make and defend difficult decisions.
- Can do attitude – balance risk and opportunity and ability to form positive relationships.
- An effective team player with the ability to lead in areas of credit and risk management.
- Ability to show resilience under pressures, including working to tight deadlines and can prioritise.
Closing dates for applications 26th February 2019
Apply for Risk Manager, Corporate Credit Risk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly